Job Type: Manufacturing
Location: Rancocas, NJ
Base Pay: Commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full Time
Industry: Industrial, Manufacturing
Required Education: High School Diploma
Required Experience: ~3 years
Required Travel: Low
This position requires experience with diversified mechanical, electro-mechanical assembly, and sub-assembly units that are moderately complex. This requires adjusting, fitting, and aligning to specific tolerances. A Heavy Assembler is a skilled craftsperson who can take raw materials like copper and stainless tubing along with various other parts transforming them all into an induction coil, as required.
- Basic math skills: subtracting, adding, dividing, along with working with fractions.
- Requires engineering/blueprint reading and interpretation aptitude.
- Ability to use common hand tools.
- Trim, file, grind, buff, or smooth surfaces, edges, or joints of assembled pieces using hand or power tools.
- Set up and employ all essential fixtures and assistance; adapt tools to new applications or work without them as needed to finish tasks.
- Using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers, layout, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material in accordance with drawings or blueprints.
- Works from drawings and specifications.
- May inspect and test completed units by utilizing appropriate measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, scales, and gauges.
- To keep the workplace safe for you and other employees.
- May take care of other tasks as they are allocated.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Have knowledge about vacuum systems, induction furnaces, and metal reclamation systems.
- Understanding reading blueprints and symbols.
- Able to work in a team environment and take direction effectively.
- Basic computer skills required (Microsoft office/outlook)
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a similar position or role.
The physical demands and characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, stoop, hear, use fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ascending and descending stairs and/or ladders.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate manufacturing noise. Hearing requirements include the ability to hear and respond to instructions, communicate effectively in loud areas.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus and see detail. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Being physically active for long periods.
- Work in and move about small spaces and pathways.
- Working around others, and with others.
- Work in spaces with noise up to 100dB (with company-provided ear protection).
- May be exposed to dust or other irritants and electrical/mechanical/power equipment/heat hazards.
- Physical duties are subject to change.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience using overhead and jib cranes. Equipment rigging experience desired.
- Experience with lift machinery such as forklift, scissor lift, and boom lift.
- Vocational training desired.
Condition of Employment:
Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Consarc Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
An E-Verify Employer