Job Type: Technology and Business Development
Location: Rancocas, NJ
Base Pay: Commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full Time
Industry: Industrial, Manufacturing
Required Education: B.S. Materials Science & Engineering or similar, advanced degree preferred
Required Experience: 3+/10+/15+ years
Required Travel: Up to 25% Domestic and International
As part of Consarc’s Technology Team, you will work in a collaborative group supporting the sale of
advanced processing equipment and customers in the aerospace industry focused on vacuum and
controlled atmosphere melting and refining. The Process Technology Specialist will have a
strategic overview of Consarc’s equipment offerings and related processes with responsibility for
ongoing customer support, process and product development, and technical sales support. Major
process equipment includes Vacuum Induction Melting (VIM), Vacuum Precision Investment
Casting (VPIC), VIM Inert Gas Atomization (VIGA), Vacuum Arc Remelting (VAR), and Electroslag
Remelting (ESR). In this role, the applicant will be expected to work across disciplines to provide
essential customer support and ensure that the company is at the forefront of new technologies.
The successful candidate will be experienced in the production of specialty metals and materials,
and have a working knowledge of how to define, optimize, and troubleshoot process parameters for
vacuum metallurgical processes. Knowledge of vacuum melting/refining equipment, control and
automation systems, PLC, HMI, systems integration, vacuum pumps, water systems, hydraulics, and
pneumatics is a plus. Up to 25% travel, both internationally and domestically, can be expected.
Candidates with varying levels of experience and qualifications will be considered with
corresponding adjustments to job title and compensation.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers in the sales and support of Consarc’s equipment alongside Consarc and Inductotherm Group teams.
- Assist customers with understanding highly engineered equipment and defining equipment specifications and technical / metallurgical requirements to meet their processing needs.
- Evaluate customer requirements to determine equipment feasibility and work with internal teams to recommend the best engineered solution considering cost, schedule, and capability.
- Define training and technology offerings to complement equipment and evaluate final acceptance criteria for equipment with a focus on metallurgical process capability and meeting industry specifications.
- Prepare customer training materials and provide virtual and in-person training and assistance including process principles, operation of equipment, safety, specific material/alloy production practices, process analysis & optimization, and process control issue resolution.
- Assist in on-site equipment commissioning, customer training, and managing contractual acceptance testing including downstream metallurgical evaluation of the material produced (e.g. macro-/micro-cleanliness, grain defects, powder size/shape/yield, etc.)
- Advise the Consarc community of industry trends in existing market segments and evaluate emerging technologies and growth opportunities.
- Attend industry conferences and meetings to stay abreast of advances, maintain customer relations, and publish/present technical papers.
- B.S. in Materials Science & Engineering, Metallurgy, or similar. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3+/10+/15+ years of industry experience with VIM, VPIC. VIGA, VAR, and/or ESR.
- Ability to work with U.S. Export Controlled products, processes, and information.
- Self-motivated and outgoing with excellent technical, analytical, decision-making, and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment while making strong individual contributions, including management and execution of projects.
- Experience in production or research and development of metals and advanced material processing including familiarity with industry specifications for materials, processing, and testing (e.g. ASTM, AMS, DIN, etc.)
- Proficiency with Office 365 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint),
- Ability to read CAD drawings and a high-level understanding of industrial manufacturing.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (domestic and international).
The physical demands and characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, stoop, hear, use fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, stoop, hear, use fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel by airplane
- Ability to work on a computer for several hours at a time.
Condition of Employment:
Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Send resume to: email@example.com
Consarc Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
An E-Verify Employer