Technology & Applications Specialist
Job Type: Technology & Business Development
Location: Rancocas, NJ
Base Pay: Commensurate with Experience Req’d Education: B.S. Materials Science or similar, advanced degree preferred
Employee Type: Full Time Req’d Experience: 3+/10+/15+ years
Industry: Industrial, Manufacturing Req’d Travel: Up To 25% Dom/Int
The Technology & Applications Specialist will have a strategic overview of all processes the company supports to provide internal and external technical expertise, including equipment end-users and global Consarc Group and Inductotherm Group customers. The successful candidate will have practical knowledge of vacuum metallurgy and automation and control systems. Major processes include Vacuum Induction Melting (VIM), Vacuum Precision Investment Casting (VPIC), VIM Inert Gas Atomization (VIM-IGA), Vacuum Arc Remelting (VAR), and Electroslag Remelting (ESR). Additionally, the candidate is expected to assist customers with product specifications and technical/metallurgical requirements, develop new equipment proposals, and manage projects, including coordination with internal and external teams.
Within this role, the applicant will be expected to work across disciplines to provide sales, engineering, and technology support and ensure that the company is at the forefront of new technologies. Approximately 25% of international and domestic travel can be expected.
Candidates with varying experience levels and qualifications will be considered with the corresponding job title and compensation adjustments. Specifically, highly experienced individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Interface with sales, engineering, field service, and customers domestically and internationally.
- Work with global Consarc Group and Inductotherm Group sales teams to enhance sales pitches, presentations, and technical information presented to customers.
- Define and negotiate metallurgical acceptance criteria and new equipment proposals.
- Assist in equipment acceptance testing and interpretation of metallurgical results (e.g. macro-/micro-cleanliness, grain defects, powder size/shape/yield, etc.)
- Train customers in process principles and operation of equipment.
- Assist customers with process metallurgy root cause analyses and control issue resolution.
- Manage projects both internally and externally including working with customers and Consarc Engineering and Field Service departments on equipment startup, troubleshooting, and commissioning.
- Prepare melting practices for VIM, VIM-IGA, VAR, and ESR, including required raw materials and pre- and post-processing.
- Maintain and improve process technical manuals, including metallurgy, operating principles, process optimization, and maintenance.
- Evaluate and advise management on industry trends in existing market segments, new market trends, and growth opportunities.
- Publish and present technical papers at industry conferences.
- B.S. in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or similar. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3+/10+/15+ years of industry experience with VIM, VPIC. VIM-IGA, VAR, and/or ESR.
- Ability to work with U.S. Export Controlled products, processes, and information.
- Excellent technical, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, including management and execution of projects.
- Experience in research and development of metals and metals processing.
- Ability to travel at least approximately 25% of the time both internationally and domestically.
- Knowledge of machine subsystem required for optimization of equipment and discussions with customers. These include vacuum, hydraulics, pneumatics, power distribution, controls (PLC and HMI), water, and power conversion.
Condition of Employment:
The successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Consarc Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
An E-Verify Employer