Job Type: Business Development
Location: Rancocas, NJ
Base Pay: Commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full Time
Industry: Industrial, Manufacturing
Required Education: B.S. Engineering Discipline
Required Experience: 2+ years
Required Travel: Up to 35%
Sales Engineer for manufacturing company specializing in melting furnaces serving the specialty metals industry.
The Sales Engineer will identify and help develop strategic relationships with current and potential customers in order to assist in the development of a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct or indirect customer contact and prospecting. The associate will work in conjunction with marketing, sales, engineering, technology, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives ultimately leading to the successful delivery of equipment to the end user.
The Sales Engineer will have a strategic overview of select product lines with the intent of growing brand and product awareness within selected industries. The successful candidate will have a practical or working knowledge of metallurgy, electronics, sensors, PLCs, HMI, hydraulics, and systems integration among other areas. Any knowledge about vacuum systems and furnaces is a plus. Further, it is expected that the candidate will be proficient in the MS Office suite of products with emphasis on PowerPoint and Outlook and feel comfortable giving presentations regularly.
The successful applicant will be expected work with Management to ensure prospective clients are aware of the technological innovation and successes of identified product lines. Expected travel will be no greater than 35%, primarily domestically, some international travel may occasionally be required.
- Attend key trade shows and technical events to develop and grow corporate/brand awareness
- Publish and present technical papers at industry conferences
- Keep current with new technologies and their applications in the relevant field
- Evaluate and advise management on industry trends in existing market segments, new market trends, and growth opportunities
- Contact and build strong relationships with both new and existing clients
- Develop a network of both clients and other affiliated suppliers in targeted industry
- B.S. in Materials Science, Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline.
- 2+ years of metals industry experience.
- Ability to work with U.S. Export Controlled products, processes, and information.
- Excellent technical, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, including management and execution of projects.
- Practical working knowledge of vacuum equipment preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time both internationally and domestically.
The physical demands and characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, stoop, hear, use fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel by airplane
- Ability to work on a computer for several hours at a time.
Condition of Employment:
Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
Send resume to: email@example.com
Consarc Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
An E-Verify Employer