Title: Process Technology Metallurgist
Job Type: Metallurgist
Location: Rancocas, NJ
Base Pay: commensurate with experience
Employee Type: Full Time
Industry: Industrial, Manufacturing
Req’d Education: BS Materials Science, Metallurgy
Req’d Experience: 5+ years
Req’d Travel: at least 25%
Process Technology Metallurgist for Manufacturing Company specializing in Melting Furnaces serving the Specialty Steel industry
The Process Technology Metallurgist will have a strategic overview of all processes the company supports with the aim of providing technical expertise both internally and externally. The successful candidate will have a practical knowledge of traditional ingot metallurgy as well as solidification and powder metallurgy. Major processes include Vacuum Induction Melting (VIM), VIM Inert Gas Atomization (VIM-IGA), Vacuum Arc Remelting (VAR), Electroslag Remelting(ESR), and Vacuum Precision Investment Casting (VPIC). The successful applicant will be expected work with Senior Management to ensure that the company is at the forefront of new technologies and new areas where our products can be utilized. At least 25% travel, both internationally and domestically, can be expected.
The successful applicant will be expected work with Senior Management to ensure that the company is at the forefront of new technologies and new areas where our products can be utilized. At least 25% travel, both internationally and domestically, can be expected.
- Interface with sales, engineering, field service, and customers domestically and internationally.
- Train customers in process principals and operation of equipment.
- Assist customers with process metallurgy root cause analyses and issue resolution.
- Prepare melting practices for VIM, VIM-IGA, VAR, and ESR including required raw materials and pre- and post-processing.
- Maintain and improve process technical manuals including metallurgy, operating principles, process optimization, and maintenance.
- Define and negotiate metallurgical acceptance criteria and assist in equipment acceptance testing and interpretation of metallurgical results (e.g. macro-/micro-cleanliness, grain defects, powder size/shape/yield, etc.)
- Evaluate and advise management on industry trends in existing market segments, new market trends, and growth opportunities.
- Publish and present technical papers at industry conferences.
- B.S. in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or equivalent. M.S. or Ph.D. in Materials Science, Metallurgy, or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years of industry experience with VIM, VIM-IGA, VAR, ESR, and/or VPIC.
- Ability to work with U.S. Export Controlled products, processes, and information.
- Excellent technical, analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently, including management and execution of projects.
- Experience in research and development of metals and metals processing. Strong presentation and publication record preferred. Experience with solidification process modeling preferred.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time both internationally and domestically.
Condition of Employment:
Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination and drug screen.
SEND RESUME TO:
Equal Opportunity Employer — Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
An E-Verify Employer